Friday, December 2, 2011

;l Ipad (ipod) + Apple TV + TV .....wot tha???

Well...I have just been back to VLN ( VLN School ) and have been reading about using ipods/ipads in the classroom, about the apps and then....I find that you can use your ipod touch/ipads via streaming (so not sure if that's the right word but I'm sure you'll get the picture while I ramble along) through a tv (well I was more interested in streaming it wirelessly through the IWB).

WHOA!!!  I've been thinking for a while, "Wouldn't it be cool if I (well the children) could play with the apps through the IWB?"  We could have sharing time about the apps that have been popular with the kids and why, which apps I would prefer children play with and why, play spelling/maths/reading games, the list is endless!  And then setting up groups of ipods/ipads to have challenges (OK, so where am I going to get more of these toys???  LOL).

Reading on, I find out about 'apple tv', so thinking I'm looking for a tv, I actually find a small box that acts like the 'go-between', between ipod-ipad/tv (I'm hoping IWB too, can't see why not!). $99 for the apple tv. 

Apple TV


The VLN-ers go on talking about HDMI to VGA converters....I was then a little confused! 

Anyway, when I find out more, I'll be back!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment